….because I have 20+ years in the event industry focusing on marketing, sales, & networking hustle.
My singular passion: making an impact. I work every day to continue to be the leading thought leader on marketing for live events. I serve as the International Marketing and Communications Chair for the International Live Events Association, the PR & Marketing Chair for the SEARCH Foundation, and am on a half dozen other event industry boards because I’m in demand as the go-to voice for marketing strategies for events and event companies.
There’s a lot more to this story if you want to read on…
Oh Snap! How The Events Professional Can Use Snapchat To Build A Personal Or Business Brand
Presenting with Kelly Treadway of Event Curious.
Represented by a ghost icon, Snapchat has taken the social world by storm. A media platform like no other, the way Snapchat works is much closer to how we communicate face-to-face…making it a perfect mouthpiece for the live events industry. In this session, led by two of the events industry’s experts on social media strategy and engagement, you’ll learn the ins and outs of how to use Snapchat for building a personal brand or for marketing your company. From ‘how to’ to strategy, this session will lay out how snaps, snap stories and chatting on this unique platform can help you to build stronger communications with your network, clients and potential clients.
1) Attendees will learn ‘step by step’ how to navigate within the Snapchat app.
2) Attendees will learn Snapchat’s features and how they can be used in the event pros world – from sending snaps, to adding custom geo filters for marketing an event and more.
3) Attendees will identify ways to incorporate Snapchat into both their personal branding & their company’s marketing efforts.
4) Attendees will leave the session with a list of event pros and companies on Snapchat that they can connect with.
Instagram has become one of the most powerful tools for event professionals to market our inherently visual work. Learn how to get more of the right followers, increase your engagement, and navigate the big changes the platform has made in 2016 to be ready for 2017.
1. Creating your Instagram voice.
2. How to get the right followers & engage them.
3. The definitive hashtag rules for event pros.
4. How to change your strategies because of recent Instagram updates.
Stay in Your Lane: How Creativity Breeds Collaboration
The Special Event Show is a great way to learn new ideas and techniques, but it’s an even better platform to meet new partners and personalities. This panel discussion is an example of how like-minded event pros can collaborate and develop new ideas and clients long after they’ve returned home from the TSE experience. Moderated by Celebrity Wedding Planner, Sasha Souza, these four event innovators will discuss the leading edge design, tech, sales and marketing strategies that are changing the way we collaborate and execute our events.
1. Design insight by Aaron Kaufman of Fifth Element Design Group
2. Tech Trends by “The Event Nerd” J. Damany Daniel
3. Social Media and Marketing Insight From Nick Borelli of Borelli Strategies
4. Sales Strategies with Rick Turner of Extraordinary Events
Social Media Nick Borelli steers away from the standard conversation of typical tips and tricks and dives deeper into strategies to help create smashing social media success.
Social Media Marketing For Event Professionals
Event professionals are not communicating their messages across social media effectively because they are not staying true to who they fundamentally are.
You have the unique opportunity to stand out from the crowd of Me! Me! Me! in social media if you extend your commitment to service and hospitality and apply it to your marketing. You will see real examples of strategies you can implement without specific technological or marketing training or even a budget.
What you will learn at this event:
What is the correct voice for event professional marketing?
Why social media generosity is the only social media strategy you need.