….because I have 20+ years in the event industry focusing on marketing, sales, & networking hustle.
My singular passion: making an impact. I work every day to continue to be the leading thought leader on marketing for live events. I have served as the International Marketing and Communications Chair for the International Live Events Association, the PR & Marketing Chair for the SEARCH Foundation, and am on a half dozen other event industry boards because I’m in demand as the go-to voice for marketing strategies for events and event companies.
There’s a lot more to this story if you want to read on…
Once again, I will be presenting for The Special Event Conference. This year the conference will be held in New Orleans at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center between January 30th and February 1, 2018.
When it comes to building a true community within their events, nobody does it better than comic cons, anime cons, and fandom cons. These events see 10s of 1000s of attendees and grow every year because they’ve tapped into a very important fact – people attend events to connect with fellow “fans.” Learn how to bring the excitement of fandom and community to your next event from organizers of some of the biggest fan cons in the world.
1. Discover what makes fan cons so engaging to attendees and how they’re different from
2. Demonstrate popular strategies for creating memorable experiences for fans.
3. Brainstorming how to make these strategies work for all types of events.
4. The role of FOMO in increasing the marketing reach of an event by turning attendees into marketers.
Back for it’s fifth year, Marketing All-Stars: talks about the evolving digital marketing landscape and how event professionals can stay on top of all the latest tactics in social media and digital marketing. The session brings together a panel of event industry marketing experts from all over in an intimate roundtable speed networking style where attendees get one-on-one time to ask pressing questions & get real answers on best approaches on each of the social networks and new marketing technologies. Collaborate with 8 event marketing/ event industry experts in this interactive session in which our experts will take a seat beside you to answer your questions and provide their insight into the specific social media tools, the best event tech and tactics. From new updates and innovations on Facebook and Instagram to what’s the best way to conquer and engage on social Snapchat, to what the best social media management tools are to work with, to different event technology platforms.
1) The Social Media Networks and event technology platforms that work best within the event industry and solutions to help optimize your events to integrate social media effectively
2) How to develop plans to manage them
3) Best practices to gain engagement and results
4) Collaboration on your thoughts, your efforts, successes and failures to affirm you are on the right path for social media and event technology success
Events are a visual industry. The right photo can land you the client you want where as the wrong one can have them pass you by. Our panel of event designers and marketers will show you how to tell your stories with photos on websites, print ads, and social media. Learn how to make photographers your friends, what event clients actually think when they see your work, and strategies that will ensure the inquiry emails and calls come from the right potential clients.
1. The difference between good, bad, and ugly event photos.
2. Why you need professional photographers and what they want from you.
3. How to tell visual stories on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & more!
4. How photos impact search engine optimization.
Do you feel like you don’t have enough impactful content to share with potential clients and your social media followers? What you are missing is social media strategy and campaigns to help you reach your goals. This session is designed to hand you 8 powerful strategies you can customize and use all year in order to connect with new prospects, reward and retain your best clients, and attract and keep your team members. This isn’t a high-level social media presentation about best practices, these are tactical proven campaigns for event companies you can start using today.
1. Stand out from the social media noise and be seen by the right clients.
2. Your client’s mission is yours – serve it year-round in order to be their ongoing event partners.
3. How to easily and consistently recognize your team members on social media.
4. Examples of successful event pro social media that work.
This session will help chapters understand how to deliver value with every post, maximize ROI, and prioritize marketing and social media initiatives, whether they can set aside just one hour – or more – per week. Attendees will receive strategies and tactics to take back to your chapter.
Social Media/Marketing Consulting (20-minute sessions)
Take advantage of these one-on-one consulting sessions to address your chapter’s most pressing marketing or social media questions, including websites, marketing pieces or overall strategy.
About the NAIOP Leadership and Legislative Retreat
NAIOP chapter leaders are invited to join us for three days of compelling keynotes, breakout sessions and special events for networking and fun at the Chapter Leadership and Legislative Retreat. You’ll gain a host of best practices and creative solutions you can apply to your chapter’s activities and a valuable understanding of NAIOP’s legislative priorities as you travel to Capitol Hill to meet with your elected officials. We’ll also recognize award-winning programs, chapters and individuals with our annual Chapter Merit Awards, where we’ll honor the best-of-the-best and showcase top NAIOP chapter initiatives.