Avatar Design To Standout
Stand Out In Your Friends’ Feeds
I’m by no means a graphic designer. I just read a lot of social media feeds. Twitter especially has me staring at avatar after avatar. I always plan on standing out especially in social media. Here are a few simple ways to do this:
- Make sure the image is of your face. If you are going to stand out, it should be you. There’s a reason people follow you. Let them see you!
- Size matters. The smallest size your Twitter icon will be is also the way it will most often be seen: 48×48.
- Solid background. Don’t have the background be too complicated. Keep it really simple.
- Standout colors. Look through your friends. Go with something that is different from others you know.
- Be unique! The best way to standout is to have an original look. Smile in a suit? No way! How about screaming or giving a crazy eye? Now you’re thinking.
Here’s a few examples of mine: